Welcome to my inaugural meal plan – for this blog anyway! This one is for the entire month of April 2017. So far, I am way under budget and I’ve already gotten most of the ingredients to all of the recipes below.
I don’t like to plan out specific days ahead of time simply because I change my mind so quickly! I am super excited about this month, though, and am trying a lot of new dishes. Usually I don’t stray far from Tex-Mex, but I am mixing it up with some Mediterranean style recipes I found on Pinterest.
My goal each month is to always spend less than $120 – even if I need to stock up on staples. This month I needed sugar, flour, soy sauce, and a few specialty spices. Even so, you’ll see I am still well under budget! I will update as the month goes on.
New to meal planning? No worries, click here!
30 Days of Meals
Breakfasts: 30 days – 3 days at home = 27 meals
Lunches: 30 days – 5 lunches out – 3 days at home = 22 meals
Dinners: 30 days – 3 days at home – 1 dinner out = 26 meals
- Breakfast Casserole (Serves 16 – after doubling)
- This is seriously the best breakfast casserole ever – I use the hot country sausage (store brand, of course).
- Bagels and Cream Cheese (Serves 6)
- I use smoked salmon cream cheese on Thomas bagels. Sometimes my grocery store runs a buy one get one on both the cream cheese and bagels and they did this month, too!
- Flourless Banana Blender Muffins (Serves 8)
- Never tried these before. But I have a can of chickpeas in the pantry that I have been dying to get rid of – these muffins look like the perfect excuse!
- Crock Pot Razzleberry Crisp (Serves 8 – after doubling)
- I have not tried this recipe before, but I don’t see where you can go wrong with warm raspberries and crisp oatmeal – in a crock pot, no less!
- PB&J’s (12)
- One loaf of bread typically makes 11 sandwiches. I freeze my sandwiches, and I have 7 leftover from March 2017. Follow the link for a brilliant way to avoid soggy bread.
- Bologna Sandwiches (6)
- I love bologna. Unfortunately, my bologna does NOT have a first name. (#helpmeimpoor #bridesmaids) But Bar S was on sale so I snagged a pack and intend to use the bologna on the bread not used for the PB&J’s.
- Tuna Kits (3)
- Already have in the cabinets and desperately need to get rid of them.
- Chicken Burrito Bowls (Serves 6)
- I cooked some chicken in the trusty crock pot the other night and will toss the shredded chicken with a little taco seasoning and mix it up in a bowl full of brown rice, black beans, corn, cheese, sour cream, pepper sauce, jalapeños, and avocado salsa. Obviously, this is not any specific recipe – just a mix of all things yummy.
- Spicy Chicken and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza (Serves 4)
- Super pumped to try this one out. My plan is to make all the little pizzas in one night and then freeze for future Friday nights. Who doesn’t love a good pizza and movie night? Throw in some pickled jalapeños? I’m all in.
- Crockpot French Onion Chicken (Serves 6)
- Grilled Mediterranean Quesadillas (Serves 4)
- Very Greek Grilled Chicken Salad (Serves 6)
- The recipe linked is solely for the chicken marinade recipe. I am dying to turn this into a salad using my Mediterranean Quesadilla leftover filling – tomatoes, olives, Feta cheese, Greek dressing… brb gotta go eat!
- Stovetop Popcorn
- I splurged on some white cheddar topping for my homemade popcorn! (#itsthesmallthings) But thinking of testing out this garlic and dill recipe, too – since I have all of the ingredients.
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
- I have some frozen strawberries and peaches I need to use, and am sure that I will have leftover tortillas from the quesadillas. That gives me the perfect excuse to try out this recipe with my own twist (i.e. whatever I have on hand).
Total Spent: $79.71
I still need a few salad ingredients – those would spoil by the time I got around to making the salads. But I am anticipating at being under $90 for the entire month on groceries, which is very exciting.
That’s less than $23 per week!
And I needed to restock pantry staples this month too! I am super excited to put back $30 toward boarding my fur baby in May – that’s a day at least ;).
Tell me – what does your meal plan look like? Do you spend even less? Have a favorite go-to recipe? Give me all the deets in the comments below!
P.S. I am not being paid for any of the links you click on above. They are just for reference. Enjoy!